From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-2.0.51_pre10: QA Notice Messages
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:03:12
1 On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 14:17, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > > IUSE isnt defined when portage hits that (it is defined later on) so you
3 > > get the warning message ... portage needs a way to handle conditional
4 > > inherits, so you cant really say the eclass/ebuild is broken
5 > >
6 > No it doesn't, those eclasses / ebuilds need to be written in such that there
7 > is no need for a conditional use of them.
8
9 Well in the case if the flag-o-matic one, it's going to yap at us no
10 matter what. The IUSE is defined unconditionally, first properly
11 IUSE=debug then later on IUSE="$IUSE debug"
12
13 The only way I've found to get portage to shutup and behave half sane is
14 to hack the .ebuild.sh
15
16 -if ! hasq "${u}" ${IUSE} && ! hasq "${u}" ${PORTAGE_ARCHLIST} selinux;
17 then
18 +if ! hasq "${u}" ${IUSE} && ! hasq "${u}" ${PORTAGE_ARCHLIST} selinux
19 debug; then
20
21 This type of hack will probably have to be used on *all* IUSE/USE flags
22 called from any .eclass as far as I can tell if you want to keep your
23 sanity.
26 > Paul
27 --
28 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
29 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer