From: "José Luis Rivero (yoswink)" <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: flameeyes@g.o, cardoe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New USE flags documentation
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:48:39
1 Jose Luis Rivero wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm not asking for an extra overhead of 'bureaucracy' (write specs,
4 > mailling @dev, send to the council, etc.) but a bit more of communication
5 > would be appreciated:
6
7 Seems like everyone who contact me/us about this thread is agree about
8 the needed of write a GLEP before doing this kind of global changes. So
9 I would like to add a couple of considerations:
10
11 1. Dear gentoo devs, in the future, please, write a GLEP for global
12 changes affecting all of us and post them to -dev. This way you can get
13 some feedback, improve the original idea and inform everybody about the
14 new feature (all-in-one).
15
16 2. With respect to the new metadata USE flag implementation, I think
17 that reverting the changes could be quite radical so my vote goes for:
18 leave the thingy as it (stop adding use flags to metadata for now),
19 write a quick GLEP and go through the process. When it's done, migrate
20 the current data (if needed) and enjoy.
21
22 Thanks.
25 Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
26 Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha