From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-core@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] perl-5.6.1-r6 masked, needs testing on non i686's
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 20:58:38
1 Hey all,
2
3 While working on the ebuild for 5.8.0, I noticed a few hardcoded references to the i686 architecture. Further looking found it in all of the 5.6.1 releases as well. I have commited (MASKED) perl-5.6.1-r6 and would appreciate anyone willing to test. I changed the lines that referred specifically to the i686 dir structure to instead use the variable $PARCH, which should contain your platform specific arch name. No one has complained about this that I know of yet, but it could have led to problems if you used anything that looked for /usr/lib/perl5/perlversion/[perlarch], which is where the CORE (emphasis not mine, that's how it is created) directory exists.
4 If I don't hear anything by week's end, I'll unmask for good.
5
6 Mike