From: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs: dev-python/{autobahn,cbor,girder-client,kazoo,libcloud,logbook}
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 16:26:21
1 On Fri, 24 Apr 2020 08:22:47 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > The following packages will no longer be maintained by the Python
7 > team:
8 >
9 > dev-python/autobahn
10 > dev-python/cbor
11
12 I'll maintain these again along with buildbot now that I am back.
13
14 > dev-python/girder-client
15 > dev-python/kazoo
16 > dev-python/libcloud
17 > dev-python/logbook
18 >
19 > All of them are stuck on py3.6 and have 1-2 revdeps, and aren't very
20 > useful to the general Python community. All of them have some
21 > problems that prevent us from testing them, and generally would
22 > qualify for last rites if they were not blocked by the revdeps.
23 >
24 > autobahn is only used by vpython (sci@), vtk (sci@) and buildbot (last
25 > rited). It is multiple versions behind upstream.
26 >
27 > cbor is needed for autobahn and ros. It hasn't been touched since
28 > 2016. The test suite fails, and is pretty unreadable. It looks like
29 > a new serialization format that didn't work out.
30
31 Hopefully newer buildbot versions won't need as many deps and we can
32 clean some of the old ones...
35 > girder-client is only sed by yt (sci-astronomy@). The ebuild doesn't
36 > declare tests.
37 >
38 > kazoo has no real revdeps (only zake that are 'testing utilities' for
39 > kazoo). Testing requires a running Zookeeper instance.
40 >
41 > libcloud is used by salt only (chutzpah@). It has all tests
42 > restricted because of 'known test failures'. Someone needs to put an
43 > effort to make the tests pass or at least filter out these that don't
44 > pass and run the rest.
45 >
46 > logbook is used only by pyfa and nikola. I've tried bumping it
47 > but a lot of tests still fail with the newest version and then one
48 > seems to hang.
49 >
50 > Expect more as I proceed with py3.7 testing.
51 >