From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA Roles v2
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 18:12:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:35:34 -0600 Lance Albertson
3 > <ramereth@g.o> wrote:
4 > | QA shouldn't have to depend on the tools you use.
5 >
6 > Sure. However, the tree is far too large to check manually for many
7 > things. If we were to do the Sekrit Tool's IUSE check manually, for
8 > example, we'd still be in app-something, and would have missed many of
9 > the screwups.
10
11 Then fix the tool. I find it somehow ironic that a member of the QA team is
12 trying to force a 'work-around' just to avoid fixing the source of the problem.
15 Kind Regards,
16
17 Simon Stelling
18 Gentoo/AMD64 Member