From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] dosym
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:27:00
1 This is after I do the emerge myapp. I'm looking at the final install.
4 On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Marius Mauch wrote:
5
6 > On 08/14/04 Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
7 >
8 >> I'm trying to create symlinks in an ebuild using dosym but an having
9 >> some problems. I do the following:
10 >>
11 >> dosym /usr/xyz/file /usr/abc/file
12 >>
13 >> or
14 >>
15 >> dosym ${D}/usr/xyz/file /usr/abc/file
16 >>
17 >> but all I get in /usr/abc is a broken symlink.
18 >>
19 >> The directory /usr/xyz has file in it and /usr/abc has file ->
20 >> /usr/xyz/file but ls shows a flashing red broken symlink and if I go
21 >> to/usr/abc and do ./file it says no such file or directory.
22 >
23 > Before or after the merge phase?
24 > It's normal that the symlink is "broken" before the merge phase if you
25 > use absolute symlinks, that's why ebuilds should always use relative
26 > links.
27 >
28 > Marius
29 >