From: "Igor V. Rafienko" <igorr@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] portage-2.0.50 woes
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 23:56:00
1 [ This might be gentoo-user stuff. If so, I apologize for missing the
2 proper list ]
3
4 Hi,
7 Today's emerge -Uvp world told me that is was time to upgrade portage.
8
9 I obeyed the recommendation (2.0.49-r21 -> 2.0.50), but a few things
10 puzzled me after the upgrade:
11
12 * portage-2.0.50 is stable, but it requires gentoolkit 0.2.0, which is
13 not. Is this intentional?
14
15 * I got flooded with sandbox violation errors from pwdb and libtool. They
16 appear to want to unlink /usr/lib/portage/pym/xpak.pyo, which belongs to
17 the portage package, I believe. Upgrading pwdb (and other packages)
18 worked quite fine with portage 2.0.49 (and I do have
19 usersandbox/userpriv in FEATURES). What am I missing?
20
21 I realize that it all might be related to my infamously bad computer karma
22 (gentoo included), but is there some manual/archive/whatever written I
23 should consult to resolve the problems above?
24
25 TIA,
31 ivr
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list