From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UEFI secure boot and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:27:50
1 Am 15.06.2012 12:14, schrieb Rich Freeman:
2 [...]
3
4 +1 for your assessment so far.
7 > I'd be personally interested in pointers to info on what the "powers
8 > that be" do and don't allow with UEFI. I've seen lots of
9 > sky-is-falling blog entries and discussion but little in the way of
10 > specs, and more importantly, policies.
11 >
12 > Rich
15 Specs and user manuals can be found here:
16 http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=EDK_II_User_Documentation
17
18 More detailed specs can be found on http://www.uefi.org
19 The UEFI Specification v. 2.3.1 contains details on Secure Boot.
20
21 I wasn't able to locate any official policies or best practices.
22
23 Regards,
24 Florian Philipp