From: "W. Trevor King" <wking@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 21:12:34
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 09:55:05PM +0100, Alexander Berntsen wrote:
2 > On 24/03/13 21:17, Ben Kohler wrote:
3 > > I strongly believe it's important that we have an official install
4 > > medium [that] the official installation handbook is based [on].
5 >
6 > I agree. Let's make it SystemRescueCd.
7
8 This is not my bailiwick, but I feel like releng has better
9 documentation for their build process than SystemRescueCd. It's not
10 clear to me how you would go from a seed system to a fresh
11 SystemRescueCd without Francois Dupoux (the sole SystemRescueCd
12 developer) at the wheel. I'm also don't think SystemRescueCd supports
13 the less common architectures like MIPS, it's just x86/amd64, sparc,
14 and ppc [1].
15
16 Cheers,
17 Trevor