From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mips@g.o, gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly mips@ project status for April 2018
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 09:41:36
1 W dniu nie, 01.04.2018 o godzinie 20∶40 -0700, użytkownik Matt Turner
2 napisał:
3 > I'd like to start giving ~monthly updates on the status of mips@ in
4 > Gentoo.
5 >
6 > Recently I received a Loongson 3A system (quad-core 1.35GHz, 16GB RAM,
7 > AMD graphics) which is significantly faster and more stable than any
8 > other mips system I have.
9 >
10 > mips@ is currently assigned or cc'd on 29 bugs. This number is down from
11 > probably >50 at the beginning of March.
12 >
13 > My list of to-do items consists of:
14 >
15 > == Switch to stable profiles ==
16 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/7672
17 >
18 > While keeping mips unstable (KEYWORDS=~mips) I plan to switch the
19 > profiles from exp to stable so that no new breakage is added.
20 >
21 > To that end, I've been working to test and keyword packages until we can
22 > flip the switch without adding any breakage ourselves. See the github
23 > pull request for the current status. I'll periodically rebase the branch
24 > as I add more keywords to the main tree.
25
26 If you're working on this actively, you can flip it from exp to dev
27 again, to get CI warning-level coverage. We've flipped it to exp since
28 nobody was really working on it and we wanted to focus on arm64 first
29 but if you can promise us a continuous decrease in warning count, I see
30 no problem in marking it dev.
31
32 > My plan is to add stable 17.0 mips profiles when the keywording is
33 > sorted out and kill two birds with one stone.
34
35 Does it involve fixing the CHOST inconsistency so that we can finally
36 get LLVM keyworded?
39 Best regards,
40 Michał Górny