From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Can pkg_nofetch determine if a file is already downloaded?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 16:14:49
1 Dnia October 17, 2018 4:03:17 PM UTC, Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o> napisał(a):
2 >On 10/15/2018 08:05 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 2018-10-15 at 13:34 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> in pkg_nofetch, beyond to "direct the user to download relevant
7 >source files",
8 >>> I've found it useful to tell the user which filesystem directory to
9 >put the
10 >>> files into once downloaded.
11 >>>
12 >>> Beyond that, I've also found it useful to tell the user whether a
13 >relevant
14 >>> source file is 'already there' or 'still missing'.
15 >>>
16 >>> Since the EAPI 6 related update to pkg_* phases to not have access
17 >to DISTDIR
18 >>> (even in earlier EAPI) any more, I'm wondering if both informations
19 >are still
20 >>> available to pkg_nofetch in one or another way.
21 >>>
22 >>> Any idea?
23 >>>
24 >>> Or is my only option to reduce the information to "all these files
25 >need to be
26 >>> put in your DISTDIR", requiring the user to find out both the right
27 >DISTDIR
28 >>> and which of the listed files are still missing herself?
29 >>>
30 >>
31 >> How would you know whether the file in DISTDIR is correct and
32 >complete?
33 >>
34 >Well, pkg_nofetch is called only if some files are still missing,
35 >so portage really should have checked them before, and eventually
36 >renamed invalid files to "checksum_failure", no?
37
38 Maybe. That's entirely undefined behavior.
41 >/haubi/
45 Best regards,
46 Michał Górny