From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: any interest in removing /usr/qt and /usr/kde ?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:37:33
1 On Tuesday 28 September 2004 11:24, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 28 September 2004 09:19, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > Do you realize that this would amount to serious patches on kde. KDE
4 > > expects KDEDIR(S) to work the way it does currently. I know it is not
5 > > ideal, but neither is the FHS.
6 >
7 > Well I think it *is* ideal the way we have it - that was one of the
8 > many things that attracted me to Gentoo in the first place. It's the
9 > most sensible way I've come across for organizing KDE/Qt and we should
10 > not even consider abandoning it.
11
12 Ideal to me would be a way that has the same power as the current way, but
13 without getting on the edge of the FHS (so also pleasing the people who
14 value that greatly). I agree however that this is probably the best way
15 to do it as long as the FHS does not really offer support for our way of
16 operation.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze