From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: The Seed Project - Try 2
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 21:53:46
Lance Albertson wrote:

> From my point of view, it would have been nice to have at least been > asked what infra could do to host these tarballs down the road. That > way, we have a sound plan of doing a good release when they're ready. I > don't like the idea of them springing a release and then asking us to > host it in a week. Things like this need to be planned from an infra > point of view, just like releases from releng are.
"Dear Infra. Some time in the distant future, we might need some kind of space to hold some kind of media. We have no idea how large or small it will be, nor the format, nor what the audience will be, since all we have at the moment is a project page and a concept. We're not sure when we'll need this indeterminate media hosted, or for how long. Please let us know what you can do to accommodate us." XOXOX Random Dev ;)