From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2.6.17 kernel stabilisation plan
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:15:06
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm hoping to be able to mark 2.6.17 stable on or around July 11th. I'll
4 give around a weeks notice here when that is to happen. Hopefully we'll
5 use this for the 2006.1 release too.
6
7 If you find packages (e.g. out-of-tree drivers) in the stable tree which
8 do not compile against 2.6.17 (but do compile against 2.6.16) then
9 please file bugs making them block bug #137175.
10
11 Packages in the stable tree which do not compile against 2.6.16 or older
12 are also important but priority is given to not creating any regressions
13 at this point...
14
15 Testing of 2.6.17 is very much appreciated, please also file bugs
16 against problems you have with the kernel itself :)
17
18 Daniel
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list