From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Messing with other people's packages
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:15:17
1 Lina Pezzella wrote:
2 > Okay. So next time I have to patch 10 files for ppc-macos only, I should
3 > make #ifdefs, patch those 10 files in global scope and force everyone
4 > else to patch unnecessarily. I think not.
5
6 Our target is improve overall upstream. Every patch that worth something
7 should be send back to upstream and made sure the next release is there.
8 That way we won't have too many patches around and the upstream
9 application will be fixed faster.
10 So, to improve darwin/osx support in other application, please provide a
11 non conditional patch and send it upstream, I know that sometimes is a
12 pain but that is what is necessary to improve.
13
14 lu
18 Luca Barbato
19
20 Gentoo/linux Developer Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list