From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Jason Cooper <gentoo@××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel 2.6.8.1 versioning change
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 15:47:11
1 On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 11:23:11AM -0400, Jason Cooper wrote:
2 > Well, as per the thread on lkml, it looks like 2.6.8 was released with a
3 > nasty bug in NFS write support. So Linus took this opportunity to try
4 > out the new version scheme and released 2.6.8.1, which fixes the NFS
5 > problem.
6
7 Well, if this isn't working properly, I'll just make a g-d-s release
8 against 2.6.8 with at least that single patch in it so that users can
9 work properly.
10
11 If you note on lkml a number of people are saying they will be keeping a
12 -postX release tree just to keep the breakage at a minimum for now.
13
14 Give me a day to get it out, there's a bunch of patches that need to be
15 rediffed...
16
17 greg k-h
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list