From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Please test what you bump
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 03:33:22
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Since I just committed a rewritten ebuild for a package that was
4 absolutely broken in tree, I'm going to ask this nicely.
5
6 Please test what you bump.
7
8 If you cannot test it entirely because you lack the hardware, track down
9 somebody who does, or simply leave it alone until somebody actually asks
10 you about it because they care, in that case they are likely to have the
11 hardware to test.
12
13 When I find a package bumped in 2009 by random developers, after two
14 years without a dedicated maintainer, and I find no dependency info,
15 non-bound USE flags, and an init script with a "need" dependency not to
16 be found in the (well, missing) dependencies, it really doesn't make me
17 feel tremendously happy.
18
19 Thank you very much,
20 --
21 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
22 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
23
24 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
25 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/