From: Owen Stampflee <owen@g.o>
To: Michel Wilson <michel@×××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Porting to Alpha
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 12:26:13
1 > I am thinking of porting Gentoo to Alpha. Can anyone give me some pointers
2 > how I should go about this? I especially like to hear from the PPC/Sparc
3 > developers, what procedure was used? Can I just install the whole portage
4 > stuff on another linux distro (with python on it, of course) and use it to
5 > make a stage1 tarball somehow? (by merging in the required packages (which
6 > packages are in the stage1 tarball?) and making a tarball of it?)
7 > Thanks in advance for any help. I'll keep you updated on my progress.
8
9 There are some stage rolling scripts in the gentoo-src module that you may
10 want to look into.
11
12 Owen
15 Owen Stampflee - owen@g.o