From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: April Council meeting summary
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:17:48
1 On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:58:52 +0100
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
5 > >> PMS:
6 > >> - should be up and running on Gentoo infra by next meeting
7 > >
8 > > What is the justification for making this change? It's already
9 > > inconvenient enough having to have someone else make bugzilla
10 > > changes for me on PMS bugs that I didn't submit; what reason is
11 > > there for extending this annoyance to the source too?
12 > >
13 > [16:47] <Kugelfang> vapier: it is already a QA subproject
14 >
15 > It's not such a big deal in practise is it?
16
17 Yes, it is. It's a change in workflow, and it at least doubles the
18 amount of work for each commit.
19
20 > Unless you're saying you can't use git? Which would be decidedly
21 > strange for a kernel contributor..
22
23 I'm saying I don't see any point in it when svn is doing the job just
24 fine now.
25
26 If someone can provide a good reason for changing to a system that's
27 more work, I'll change. If there isn't a good reason, I won't.
30 Ciaran McCreesh