From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why is KDE-3.1.3 not in the stable branch of Portage yet?
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:29:30
1 On Friday 15 August 2003 08:23, Mystilleef wrote:
2 > To the Gentoo KDE Maintainers:
3 >
4 > Hello Gents,
5 >
6 > I was wondering why the latest officially stable release of KDE version
7 > 3.1.3 is not yet available in the stable branch of Gentoo's Portage. I
8 > understand it contains a lot of crucial bug fixes and security updates.
9 > Thanks in advance for your effort and time.
10 >
11 > Regards,
12 >
13 > Mystilleef
16 The reason is basically because there have been some auto{conf,make} related
17 issues with the ebuilds. While they should be fixed now we want to know it
18 for sure before marking kde stable. Please test it out though, if it compiles
19 for you it is stable.
20
21 Paul
24 Paul de Vrieze