From: Paul de Vrieze <paul@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] File systems
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:45:57
1 On Monday 15 April 2002 15:40, Dave Lee wrote:
2 > Michael Schmauss wrote:
3 > > What file systems do you all recommend?
4 >
5 > my machine (duron 1GHz, gigabyte mobo/via VT82C686A chipset) was
6 > randomly crashing during install of gentoo while using ext3. once
7 > I switched to xfs I had no problems. I havent seen ext3 fail like
8 > this on any other machines. Also, this was with the 1.1a install
9 > cd.
12 I experienced those crashes too on a similar setting (athlon 1.4, and
13 via chipset) After a new kernel everything stopped crashing though.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze
19 Junior Researcher