From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch applying function for EAPI 6
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:27:39
1 >>>>> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2
3 >> Yes, it will be an array. But I guess we will support a space
4 >> separated list in addition, for consistency with DOCS.
5
6 > This would be very bad since most patches use ${FILESDIR}.
7 > Putting that in a plain string sounds like final bullet in
8 > whitespace-in-filename support.
9
10 Sure, but I thought it was self-evident that you cannot put anything
11 that needs quoting into a whitespace separated list. Thinking about
12 it, the cases where there isn't an absolute path should be rare,
13 indeed. So maybe non-array support isn't very useful.
14
15 > Not that it's anywhere near supported most of the place.
16
17 Many upstream build systems fail with it. Sorry, no C:\Portage Tree\
18 for the forseeable future. ;-)
19
20 Ulrich