From: Todd Cassell <linux612@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Installation Help
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:44:52
1 Hello,
2 I was very interested in trying out Gentoo. I have
3 heard many good things about it. I downloaded the
4 larger iso and began the install. I followed the
5 instructions exactly as they are on your web site. I
6 chose to extract stage 3 as I was not on a high speed
7 connection. When I get to step 9, code listing 17,
8 doing the chroot command, I receive an Illegal
9 Instruction every time I try. This basically stops me
10 from continuing. Can you tell me possibly why this is
11 happening and what I can do to fix it?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Todd Cassell
15
16 =====
17 Todd Cassell
18 linux612@×××××.com
19 http://revisit.com/linux
20
22 Do You Yahoo!?
23 Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
24 http://taxes.yahoo.com/