From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] On flags being in IUSE (and the prefix USE-flag in particular)
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:26:23
1 On 10-09-2012 09:32:23 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > So really we should just not support prefix at all in any EAPI before
3 > 5, and not have the whole "but define those prefix variables anyway"
4 > hack in eclasses. But apparently people are preferring to go to great
5 > lengths not to have to use newer EAPIs...
6
7 I think the problem is that this vision doesn't really give a migration
8 path, even when people are willing to move on to EAPI 5.
9
10 Personally, this vision doesn't really encourage me to push any changes
11 for this, since Portage seems to handle it well.
15 Fabian Groffen
16 Gentoo on a different level