From: Jani Monoses <jani@××.ro>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] subversion ebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:18:41
I'm replying to a digest mail so this won't be in the thread

Paul have you thought of building svn without apache support?
The latest version 0.22 due to be out in a couple of days will have
a config option for building without DAV and only with local and ra_svn
access.This would make it a lot simpler for people who only want to
manage their local repos or are fine with ra_svn and don't want the
overhead of apache configuration and the dependency on neon.
Maybe a new USE flag (apache) would be needed too?
This way it could be stable independent of apache.
A lot of people use svn with only ra_svn or local and are content with
it that way.
I am using it with bdb 4.0.14 already in portage so I second that
there's no need to build that too.
BTW APR is in portage (although only 0.9.2 and not 0.9.3 which is needed
by svn)
Anyway it's great that there's some activity with the svn
ebuild since it was over a year old now.