From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: New "Accept Github contributions" metadata flag
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:10:57
1 On 8/18/20 8:06 PM, Joonas Niilola wrote:
2 >
3 > So I think it's just simplest to enable it per-user per-project basis.
4 > We can all edit Project: pages, toggling the flag. If you're willing to
5 > look and merge sound@ PRs, you enable it for Sound project. However this
6 > might cause a problem when a member who enabled the flag leaves the
7 > project, or gets retired. But that's relatively easy to keep a track of.
8 >
9 > As for non-dev maintainers, they **require** @gentoo.org person/project
10 > to proxy for them. It'd be a start to mirror the project/dev option,
11 > since they'd be the one committing for non-dev maintainers anyway. Also
12 > non-dev maintainers can have their own wiki pages to toggle this.
13 > However I'm not aware if the linking is as simple as with @gentoo.org
14 > metadata info.
15 >
16 Forgot to add, if you have say 1 person and 2 projects assigned as
17 maintainers, where 1 does look for Github PRs and 2 does not, it'd still
18 be flagged as "Yes". Or maybe the majority here wins?
19
20 -- juippis