From: Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nginx: slot mainline
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 06:40:15
1 On Friday, May 22, 2020, Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > I realize today that nginx ebuild have a new slot mainline. The current
6 > ebuild stable version 1.17 came from mainline. Anyone knows if this
7 > means that is not the stable version of nginx?
8 >
9 > After reading the following blog post I couldn't understand what they
10 > are doing now:
11 >
12 > https://www.nginx.com/blog/nginx-1-6-1-7-released/
13 >
14 > Thanks,
15 >
16 > Samuel
21 Features are added to the mainline branch, it can be broken from time to
22 time. After it's tested it's merged into the stable branch.
23
24 Mainline is like the dev branch and stable is like the master branch.
25
26 If you need higher stability pick the stable releases, if you need new
27 features pick the mainline releases.
28
29 Tomas