From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Overlays: Status Report
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 20:06:38
1 Hi,
2
3 Everything we had planned for Gentoo Overlays [1] phase 1 is now in place:
4
5 * Active admin team
6 * overlays.gentoo.org site, hosted on Gentoo infrastructure
7 * Trac and Subversion for each overlay
8 * Homepage aggregating the RSS feeds from each overlay
9 * Developers and Users Guides online [2], [3]
10 * #gentoo-overlays channel to provide support for overlay owners
11 * Overlays available over https
12
13 We have over thirty overlays currently hosted. If you'd like yours adding,
14 drop by #gentoo-overlays and we'll get you hooked up.
15
16 I think we're ready to announce the service, but before we do, I thought
17 it'd be a good idea to get feedback from the wider dev community.
18
19 Best regards,
20 Stu
23 [1] http://overlays.gentoo.org
24 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/devguide.xml
25 [3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/usersguide.xml
28 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
29 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
30 http://blog.stuartherbert.com/
31
32 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
33 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C