From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Features and documentation
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 14:03:05
1 On Nov 29, 2007 1:43 AM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Forcing people to write documentation won't get it written, people
4 > will continue to act like we just saw and either the rule will get
5 > ignored, or someone will change the rule, or people will leave because
6 > the rule is enforced aggressively and it has ruined the ability to
7 > contribute to the project.
8 >
9 > This is why I offered to write the GLEP for Diego and Cardoe, because
10 > I know they are not interested in writing it themselves. Thats why we
11 > have a doc-team that for some sick reason enjoy writing and
12 > maintaining documentation.
15 It would be reasonable to require devs to:
16 a) Document changes before commiting when it's possible.
17 b) When a) is not applicable, ask doc project to document it before commiting.
18 c) When neither a) or b) are possible, file a bug asking for doc
19 update for the commited changes.
22 Santiago M. Mola
23 Jabber ID: cooldwind@×××××.com
24 --