From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild bumping policy wrt KEYWORDS
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:27:32
1 On Thursday 26 August 2004 17:33, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:30:11 +0200 Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
3 > *sigh* x86 having broken stable gnome for two weeks and not realising
4 > it (whilst other archs who went ahead of x86 had it working) just goes
5 > to show that this is not always the case.
6 >
7 > Oh, and you're assuming that all your packages are entirely arch
8 > neutral. This is also not always the case.
9
10 Oh, please don't do the arch ride. It's all about communication and tools to
11 optimize it. We had the idea to have a stable flag or to precede the
12 package_maintainer_arch_keyword (in short: pmac ;) by a sign, to let single
13 archs go ahead without loosing the necessary information for other archs, but
14 the discussion fell asleep.
15
16 If you know about a problem with gnome+x86, then put them on fire. Same for
17 kde of course, but I yell for helping hands in advance. And please tell my:
18 How and why should a package maintainer should keep watch over the arch
19 herds!? Everything else will cause broken stable ebuilds every now and then.
22 Carsten
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list