From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 06:57:21
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Please contact me if you'd like to be one of these volunteers. Requirements:
3 >
4 > A) You have commit access to gentoo-x86, AND
5 > B) you're comfortable with the porting process OR are adept with ebuilds
6 > and would like to help
7
8 I've decided to give it a wait for a few days until unmasking while our
9 new porting task force tears through lots of packages. With the task
10 force, I feel enough visible, reasonable progress is being made to help
11 me avoid being frustrated with the people saying I should wait for
12 something that would never happen.
13
14 If you want to join the task force, just hop on IRC and /j #gentoo-x. We
15 can always use more help. Right now, we've got 12 people in there.
16
17 Also, Robin's created a new script to tell exactly which apps are broken
18 with modular X, and which ones only have something in their dep tree
19 broken. A run of this script on yesterday's results shows that there are
20 only 558 "real" broken modular packages out of 867 total.
21
22 Thanks,
23 Donnie