From: Luca Casagrande <luca.casagrande@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo-GIS Overlay request
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 13:21:21
Hi to all!

I am a user of geographic information system (GIS) on Linux and of Gentoo since 2003.With other Gentoo user, we created a ML about GIS software on
Gentoo, to keep us in contact and annunce new ebuilds for software that is not in portage or is out of date.
Right now we worked for this software (already in bugs.gentoo.org):

* sci-geosciences/grass and sci-geosciences/grass-cvs
* sci-geosciences/qgis (0.7.4, 0.8.0_pre1 and _pre2)
* sci-libs/gdal-1.3.2 with ecw support
* sci-libs/libecw2-3.3
* sci-libs/gdal-grass-1.3.2 plugin

Talking with other Gentoo-GRASS user, we tought about the idea to have an overlay where work on the ebuilds so I propose the use of
overlays.gentoo.org.
This would be very good for updating the ebuilds and then submit them to bugs.gentoo.org...

What do you think about?

Thanks

Luca