From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: gcc 3.1 and what breaks:
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 03:14:29
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 18 May 2002 20:24:14 -0700
3 Casey Cain <cjv99@××××.ca> wrote:
4
5 > Ha...I just started doing the exact same thing in a Vmware vm! I'm
6 > working from the 1.1a ISO unfortunately, stage1.
7 > What exactly did you do so far?
8
9 Well, since the bootstrap failed I had to do some undocumented hacking
10 as I started to edit ebuilds and so on, sorry :/
13 > I changed the make.profile to the gcc3 one, unmasked gcc3.1, and
14 > changed gcc-3.0.4 to gcc-3.1 in profiles/packages.
15 > I'm trying to emerge gcc3.1 first, because in the future I want to use
16 > Athlon optimizations from the start. I seem to recall it needs
17 > autoconf/automake first, so it may be a bumpy ride :) Guess I'll wait
18 > and see what happens...
21 Well,I didnt provide it with autoconf / automake first.... I just ran
22 for it :)
26 begin .signature
27 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
29 end