From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: net-mail/vchkuser
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 22:30:22
1 John Helmert III wrote:
2 > > Searching for the repo name on GitHub finds this however:
3 > >
4 > > https://github.com/bdrewery/vchkuser
5 > >
6 > > ..which seems to be a 2010 version of the code. I did a test, it works
7 > > fine. Maybe just change the SRC_URI.
8 >
9 > Can you produce a guarantee that the code there is equal to the code
10 > which the ebuild currently refers to? Or maybe that it's equivalent to
11 > the now-removed repository?
12
13 Git thinks so.
14
15 I unpacked vchkuser-0.4.tar.gz from a Gentoo mirror on top of a
16 bdrewery/vchkuser checkout and:
17
18 $ git status
19 # On branch master
20 nothing to commit, working directory clean
21 $
22
23 The v0.4 tag in bdrewery/vchkuser also equals the commit hash in the
24 directory name of the .tar.gz. (This is of course weak.)
27 //Peter