From: Timo Gurr <tgurr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Stabilizing CUPS 1.3
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 23:56:20
1 Hello fellow developers,
2
3 CUPS 1.3 has been in the tree for quite some time now and has matured
4 to a degree where it should be ready to go stable. We've no open CUPS
5 bugs for 1.3 anymore. Also maintaining CUPS 1.2 will be even harder as
6 time goes by since there's nearly no month passing without a new CVE
7 affecting CUPS and we have to plug the holes with patches.
8
9 KDE 3.5.9 will go stable any time soon and I'd like to have CUPS
10 stabilised along with it since an upgrade from CUPS 1.2 to 1.3 would
11 mean an additional rebuild of kdelibs. An ewarn message has already
12 been added to the ebuild to notify our users to run etc-update and
13 revdep-rebuild after upgrading from CUPS 1.2 since this is very
14 important.
15
16 If there's anything I might oversee please speak up.
17
18 Upstream feature changelog for CUPS 1.3 can be found here:
19 http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/whatsnew.html
20
21 Our current cups-1.3.7-r1 ebuild:
22 http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/net-print/cups/cups-1.3.7-r1.ebuild?view=markup