From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: multiple inheritance support for profiles, Round 2
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 14:23:08
1 Hi Danny,
2
3 On 10/8/06, Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o> wrote:
4 > I for one favour a more flattened profiles/ and a way to mark a profile
5 > as 'not standalone', similar to a deprecated file, that isn't inherited,
6 > to stop users biting their own asses. The following sample is not
7 > complete, but should give the right impressions.
8 >
9 > The Seeds project could do something like this:
10 > +-Seeds
11 > |
12 > +-amd64-lamp, inherits releases/2006.1/amd64-hardened and adds lamp
13 > specific useflags/packages.
14 >
15 > But i lack knowledge here. Stuart?
16
17 I think Seeds could work with a structure like that.
18
19 Best regards,
20 Stu
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list