From: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo stats server/client @ 2009-06-21
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 01:27:50
1 I've been working on the first Gentoo-specific data collecting bytes
2 today. As smolt is written in Python using Portage's Python API was an
3 easy choice. Here's an excerpt of data sets and their status of
4 processing that I've been working with today:
7 Collected and auto-filtered:
8
9 - gentoo_overlays
10 list of installed overlays
11 - gentoo_global_use
12 - gentoo_global_keywords
13 i.e. ACCEPT_KEYWORDS
14
15 Collected, auto-filtering to be done:
16
17 - gentoo_compile_flags
18 i.e. CXXFLAGS + CFLAGS + LDFLAGS
19 - gentoo_mirrors
22 What do I mean by auto-filtering? Auto-filtering works to protect the
23 user's privacy. It's the process of comparing his local settings
24 against the knowledge base of the Gentoo system: Every part of his
25 config that's outside of that larger set is stripped away, because
26 publishing that information could hurt his privacy. To make this more
27 concrete:
30 For Overlays ..
31 we filter out overlays not located below /usr/local/portage/layman/.
32
33 For global use flags ..
34 we filter out stuff that's not described in
35 /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc or
36 /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc
39 If you would like to see the code of today in action grab gentoo.py from
40 http://git.goodpoint.de/?p=smolt-gentoo.git;a=blob_plain;f=client/distros/gentoo/gentoo.py;hb=b9742d88c8216b2989fba327bd2e34972c68dcb5
41 and run it through "python gentoo.py"
45 Sebastian