From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Personall Gentoo Installer project pre-beta release
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 23:01:00
1 On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:20:23AM -0500, Christopher Díaz Riveros wrote:
2 > Still on the TODO list:
3 >
4 > -next step will be to create an ebuild for installer, I may need some help
5 > there but it should be pretty simple.
6 >
7 > -still some validations: installer error messages are quite hard to understand
8 > if you are installing Gentoo for the first time (my fault), so I'll be working
9 > on better error messages.
10 >
11 > -Ask if there is a way to add installer in the liveUSB so that people don't
12 > need to install it manually in order to begin a Gentoo installation.
13 Once it's a little further from the above (esp having a package), releng
14 can potentially include it in the release media (*cd-stage1).
15
16 Hopefully you have a very minimal set of dependencies for it, because
17 the installcd is quite slim (by gentoo media standards).
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
24 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136