From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Detecting Baselayout2/openrc - no-symlink profiles leading to breakage
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:17:17
1 On Sonntag, 18. Januar 2009, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > I'm raising this as an extension of bug 253076, but also because I see
3 > the potential for danger.
4 >
5 > To date, for an init script that has baselayout2-specific behavior, we
6 > have had some variant of [ -e /lib/librc.so ] in the init script.
7 >
8 > On a multilib profile with no symlinks and a 64-bit userspace, the .so
9 > file would be installed in /lib64/librc.so, and the check would
10 > mistakenly have the wrong result.
11 >
12 > There's one fix that has started to turn up already, but I'm not sure if
13 > it's going to be safe always: [ -f /etc/init.d/sysfs ]
14 > This happens to work as openrc installs that init script.
17 I changed udev to only check for /etc/init.d/sysfs. See Bug #252493.
18 The only place where librc checking is kept is only run on older
19 openrc-versions which are no longer available via ebuild.
20
21 I hope this will make udev work on any system regardless of how /lib and stuff
22 is linked. (For further analysis perhaps someone on a multilib profile can
23 check where udev still has /lib/xxx hardcoded instead of /lib64/xxx or
24 similar).
25
26 Should I nevertheless add such a blocker to udev or will that make update
27 unnecessary complicated?
28 RDEPEND="!<sys-apps/openrc-0.4.0"
29
30 Regards