From: Kristian Benoit <kbenoit@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: rjlouro@×××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo on the Lab
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:58:55
1 On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 16:38 +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, I hope you realize that your project doesn't only involve
4 > hacking on portage, but rewriting almost all of it for the client part.
5 > Actually I'd rather suggest you start from scratch
6
7 I do agree with that, portage probably need a rewrite/better
8 modularization anyway. There is/was a project called portage-ng () you
9 might want to have a look at. I did a little in that direction recently,
10 and it seems that there is not too many people working on it since
11 drobbins left, but you can contact Pieter (pvdabeel@g.o). I might
12 get on that too at some point in the future too.
13
14 There is also Patrick Mclean (chutzpah@××××××××××.ca) that has a nice
15 lab setup using Gentoo at McGill. It's a diskless system so might not be
16 to much what you are looking for, but as you probably want to dig before
17 getting to work, you should really see his setup. He did not released
18 anything yet, but we talked about starting a wiki for gentoo labs
19 sometime and have his setup released there.
20
21 Kristian
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list