From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:31:34
1 El sáb, 23-06-2012 a las 12:24 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > El sáb, 23-06-2012 a las 11:53 +0200, Peter Stuge escribió:
3 > > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > > What is hurting is people demanding features without specifying what
5 > > > the problem is
6 > >
7 > > Part of enabling progress is to show a strong will to communicate,
8 > > with the goal of extracting common understanding from discussion.
9 > >
10 > > In any project based on volunteer effort you must show that you too
11 > > are interested in giving, for anyone to give you anything.
12 > >
13 > > When it's not obvious that you want to receive - to the point where
14 > > you drive the discussion (the horror!) in order to arrive at that
15 > > point of common understanding - then people will be upset and look
16 > > down on you, because dealing with you leaves too sour a taste behind.
19 > > //Peter
20 >
21 > As Peter explains, I think it is now clear enough what I was demanding
22 > (about clarifying what is needed to get things in next EAPI to prevent
23 > issues like Tommy is suffering to get multilib stuff done), but I star
24 > to think Ciaran thinks it's easier to simply wear a blindfold on to keep
25 > thinking all what he says cannot be corrected at all, neither improved
26 > and others must follow his instructions blindly
27
28 Ciaran, simply think that, if PMS team agrees with a doc explaining what
29 needs to be provided and the procedure, you will also save time and not
30 need to follow this tedious discussions, all parts will benefit for
31 sure.