From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] checdeps.rb for getting deps out of elf files
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:31:15
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 27 December 2005 23:12, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >>This has the side affect that the library location code is not used
5 >>until I code or take the logic from glibc from example.
6 >>
7 >>betelgeuse@pena ~/bin $ checkdeps.rb subversion
8 >>dev-libs/apr
9 >>dev-libs/apr-util
10 >>dev-libs/expat
11 >>dev-libs/openssl
12 >>dev-util/subversion
13 >>net-misc/neon
14 >>sys-libs/db || app-office/openoffice-bin
15 >>sys-libs/gdbm
16 >>sys-libs/glibc
17 >>sys-libs/zlib
20 > Unfortunately scanelf also doesn't know (nor can it know) that some libraries
21 > like apr-util do not link against the libraries they need, but leave it for
22 > users to link against them properly by means of the apu-config utility. As
23 > such subversion could link against libldap. It does however not depend on
24 > libldap, as this comes from apr-util. Perhaps this means that apr-util should
25 > be fixed, but it certainly does not mean that subversion missed a dep.
26 >
27 > Paul
30 I just picked some package as an example of the output with
31 openoffice-bin. My understanding here is that if you link against those
32 libraries, it will break break binary packages because dependencies
33 don't say to pull in required libraries. This just means that apr-util
34 should be fixed.
35
36 Regards,
37 Petteri