From: lovechild@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: FAQ(?): prelinking support in Gentoo
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 03:24:44
1 and I read... there's startup speed to be gained (small, but startup times
2 reducing, that's always good...) ... I want it - anyone brave enough to
3 combine the two and see if it actually works ?
4 It would be really cool to have bragging rights...
5
6 [Elite loser geek]
7 D00d... my l33t Gentoo system has Combreloc, objprelinking and prelinking...
8 Konqueror is my bitch :-)
9 [/Elite loser geek]
10
11 (Note, I read somewhere that obj prelinking and prelinking isn't really
12 related - obj prelinkind seems to be sort of a cache for linked objects or
13 something.. not much of a developer myself so I didn't bother to
14 investigate)
15
16 Anyways, if there's a outlining of what needs to be done to test this
17 dangerous mix (danger == fun, right?) I would be more than willing to trash
18 a perfectly good Athlon-XP setup to futher mankinds search for the fastest
19 Linux setup ever :)
20
21 - David
24 Rolf Offermanns writes:
28 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
31 >> And what the combreloc people say too.
32 >
33 > And the objprelink people, too.
34 > :)
35 >