From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New distfile mirror layout
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 18:39:13
1 On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 12:06:24PM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 01:18:02AM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
3 > > On 10/21/2019 19:36, Matt Turner wrote:
4 > > > On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 9:42 AM Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
5 > > >> Also, another idea is to use a cheap hash function (e.g. fletcher) and just have the mirrors do the hashing behind the scenes. Then we would have the best of both worlds.
6 > > >
7 > > > It probably would have been better to make these suggestions when the
8 > > > GLEP was discussed close to two years ago.
9 > > >
10 > > > I'm glad that we have ideas for improvements but I worry that we're
11 > > > just backseat driving at this point given that the GLEP's now
12 > > > implemented.
13 >
14 > Nothing is really etched in stone, so we could change it again if we
15 > see fit.
16
17 Actually, which glep are we talking about? If we are talking about glep
18 75, I don't see where the council approved it [1], so it definitely
19 should be discussed/approved before any implementation changes are
20 made, or we should see where it was approved.
21
22 William
23
24 [1] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0075.html