From: "Stephen P. Becker" <geoman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] QA Team's role
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:51:04
1 >> which part dont you understand ? the user sets a variable and then is told
2 >> that the package probably contains a bug ... seems pretty confusing to me
3 >> -mike
4 >
5 > rl03 already replied to that. I don't see any QA issues there, and if
6 > someone from QA team does, then he probably has too much time to ponder over
7 > the tree and invent issues where they don't exist. I don't see any point
8 > "fixing" this, at least until FEATURES="mindreader" is implemented. Portage
9 > QA notices may be equally confusing to the users, with this kind of logic,
10 > yet they stay there - and number of people complaining about USE_EXPAND
11 > notices is much higher than the number of people who complained about
12 > confusing ewarn from webapps slot (exactly zero is far as I could find).
13 >
14 > Once again, don't invent problems, please.
15
16 Nobody is inventing problems Jakub. Just because nobody has yet
17 complained does not mean that there is not a problem. If you can't see
18 the QA issues, then you really need to stop commenting in this thread,
19 because there are a lot of people who know better.
20
21 Furthermore, you are playing right into the hands of He Whom I Will Not
22 Name, thus allowing yourself to be trolled into sounding like an idiot
23 in public. You suffered from the same problem in the bbapm thread recently.
24
25 -Steve
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list