From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] question regarding inherit
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 18:17:35
1 On Monday 07 June 2004 16:09, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote: [Mon Jun 07 2004, 05:19:41AM EDT]
3 >
4 > > Parsing anything but variable substitutions ( ${FOOBAR} ) is very hard.
5 > > We could create variable substitutions though that allow some kinds of
6 > > dynamic behaviour such as SLOT variables dependend on installed
7 > > packages / useflags
8 >
9 > I'm a little confused by this reply. I was speaking in terms of
10 > policy (everything outside of functions should be constant) not in
11 > terms of implementation.
12
13 I know, but the policy is very much influenced by the possibility of
14 implementation.
15
16 Paul
19 Paul de Vrieze