From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: xorg-x11-6.8.0-r4 needs testers
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:41:32
1 Duncan posted <pan.2004.11.24.06.01.03.866847@×××.net>, excerpted below,
2 on Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:01:04 -0700:
3
4 > Donnie Berkholz posted as excerpted:
5 >
6 >> 67845: Fix dual-monitor Radeon setups
7 >
8 > s/84/48/ . The bug is 67485, not 67845. (I'm running dual monitor Radeon
9 > 9200SE w/ the xorg free drivers here so was interested in this one. I had
10 > to search...)
11 >
12 > I haven't had this issue, but I've had MonitorLayout all along.
13 >
14 > I think I'll be merging this -r4 over Thanksgiving if not 2nite
15
16 Posting on -r4 now, on amd64. Seems to work fine, including the dual
17 monitors on Radeon (atho as above I have MonitorLayout as I always have).
18 Note that I modify the ebuild, turning off compilation of a lot of the
19 stuff I don't need, however (and even more now with -r4), and commenting
20 out the strip-flags call, so I wasn't testing a regular merge.
21
22 That said, the general ebuild including the moved stuff seems to work fine
23 on amd64.
24
25 I assume you know it can't find some of the sources, the koi8 font for
26 USE=nls and the extra sources for USE=doc, right? I remember having to
27 kill those lines to digest r1 as well, so the problem has been around for
28 awhile.
32 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
33 temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." --
34 Benjamin Franklin
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list