From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to allow su and ssh access
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:53:30
1 Robert Schrem wrote:
2
3 > >> I'am wondering where to locate the 'switch' to allow
4 > >> users (at least myself) to use the su command to get
5 > >> temporary root rights.
6 >
7 > > You must add the users to the wheel group in /etc/groups
8 >
9 > Wow! This worked out - you just have to know it,
10 > otherwise you search for a while...
11 >
12 > >> Also I would like to be able to
13 > >> login as root via ssh. This is obviously blocked
14 > >> somewhere in the configuration files.
15 >
16 > > Normaly this is only blocked if you have no root password.
17 >
18 > The authentification works, but the connection is
19 > aborted immediatly. I will try to solve the puzzle
20 > with the help of Jerry's hints...
21
22 Another hint take a look at /etc/ssh, there must be
23 ssh_host_dsa_key[.pub] ssh_host_key[.pub].
24 These get normaly gererated automatic by the sshd strat-script.
28 > Thanxxx!
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o