From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Patch applying function for EAPI 6
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:35:18
1 >>>>> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Brian Dolbec wrote:
2
3 >> Only suggestion so far is "dopatch". I don't really like it because
4 >> other do* functions are called from src_install. But if nobody
5 >> comes up with a better name, then it will be dopatch.
6
7 > What about:
8
9 > srcpatch()
10
11 Hm, that looks like a phase function.
12
13 > userpatch()
14
15 > If it is for applying user patches, then I prefer userpatch(). It
16 > also gets away from the do*() naming.
17
18 User patches would be applied in a separate function. It would call
19 the one we're discussing here, of course.
20
21 > I take it PATCHES variable will be a bash array, or space separated
22 > list?
23
24 Yes, it will be an array. But I guess we will support a space
25 separated list in addition, for consistency with DOCS.
26
27 Ulrich