From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Automagic dependencies in gegl
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 10:17:42
1 Hi,
2
3 Recently, GIMP got it's first development version based on gegl.
4
5 Now, gegl has 13 optional dependencies that could be use-flagged. The pity is,
6 it has no configure-option for most of them, they are autodetected.
7 (It's about gtk, ruby, lua, cairo, pango, libpng, openexr, rsvg, sdl,
8 asciidoc, enscript, graphviz and ffmpeg)
9
10 My experience with the gimp developers in the past was that they weren't very
11 pleased by bugs about automagic deps and I assume if I post them without
12 patches, they'll get closed immediately. Now I always avoided to dig too deep
13 into autotools, so I don't feel skilled enough for this task.
14
15 Is there some brave gentoo dev (or non-dev, doesn't really matter)
16 volunteering to send patches to gegl-upstream?
19 Beside, I'm asking myself how to handle this situation. Hard-enable them all
20 as long as there are no patches? Let the automagic go in the tree? Opinions
21 welcome.
24 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
25 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber: hanno@××××××.de